In the unlikely event that something does go wrong, our Leaders are in place to coordinate the response. We have a strategy for dealing with every kind of safety issue, from a blister to a life-threatening injury. In particular:
- A satellite phone is with the group at all times in case of serious emergencies. The Royal Flying Doctor Service operates in the regions we travel to and are on call 24 hours a day to respond to life-threatening incidents.
- An emergency vehicle is near the group at all times equipped with a back-up satellite phone.
- A remote first-aid kit is with the group at all times in addition to an auxiliary first-aid kit kept in the emergency vehicle
- Immersion Leaders are certified in Remote & Wilderness First-Aid.
- Teachers are certified first-aiders
- Leaders and teachers follow our prepared response protocol for any incident
If something goes wrong, our response strategy is ready